Artisan Child Care Center is an educational Child Care Center that provides care to children ages 12 months to 12 years old. Our program is academic based and is designed to mold and shape young minds. We incorporate social and behavioral techniques that help students develop independent work skills, positive socialization, and the motivation to learn. We use technology that will assist in reinforcing the curriculum and develop early technology skills.
At Artisan, we want all of our students to be equipped with the skills to handle the demands of their future education. We aim to foster skills that will flourish throughout their educational experience. With the combination of all of these elements, students that attend Artisan, will have a wonderful learning experience that encompasses all of the important principles and values in education.
The Artisan Model is a conglomerate of the progressive and Behavioral theories of education. Our program utilizes techniques from the Applied Behavioral Analysis and the Nurtured Heart Approach. The progressive theory of education is a child-centered approach that bases it's curriculum on experiential learning. It also encompasses the belief that students learn best from meaningful life experiences, social interaction, and scientific experimentation. This theory believes in meeting a child at their level, and as the child learns, they progressively advance at their academic level. This is the educational model that Artisan follows. We believe in providing a lasting experience where children will progressively enhance as they move from grade to grade.
The behavioral theory believes that learning is acquired through conditioning and feedback from the environment. Both these theories correlate with each other because they both believe that life experiences impact learning, and the importance of providing students with a fulfilling educational experience. Artisan promotes and utilizes these theories through the use of Applied Behavioral Analysis and the Nurtured Heart Approach.
Education through the Arts program is Artisan's performing arts component. Our goal is to promote creativity and educational discipline through the arts. In partnership with Kindermuzik and private instructors, we will teach students to be well rounded individuals.
Artisan's Performing Arts Program also provides services to the community such as, Family Time Programs, KinderMuzik, Preliminary Acting, Dance, Story Telling and Birthday Parties. In addition, Artisan will provide instruction on music theory, vocal lessons, instrument lessons and music production. Our performing arts program will also include a comprehensive art program where students can use their creativity and imagination to create artistic masterpieces.
Artisan is proud to introduce our new S.T.E.M. program! By incorporating the subjects of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics; We can give our students the knowledge and skills to succeed and to inspire them to obtain future employment in these fields.
The Toddler stage can be seen as one of the most challenging times, as well as one of the most rewarding times. Children at this stage are very mobile and active using all five senses to discover the world. Teachers are challenged to provide a safe but stimulating environment in which the child can grow. The toddler responds well to a regular daily routine with clear and predictable rest times, play times and meal times. Toilet training is best accomplished by taking the child to the facilities at the same times each day.
Important independence skills are being acquired during these years, including personal care such as toilet training, feeding and dressing. Patience is essential as a toddler struggles to put on a sweater (developing independence at this stage occurs after much repetition and encouragement). Realistic toys will enable children to engage in increasingly complex types of play. The toddler stage can be seen as one of the most challenging times, as well as one of the most rewarding times. Children at this stage are very mobile and active, using all five senses to discover the world. Teachers are challenged to provide a safe but stimulating environment in which the child can grow.
The toddler programs provide for the following goals:
· To provide a nurturing, flexible and calm atmosphere where physical affection is freely given, self-concept skills are introduced and enhanced, independence is encouraged and expectations are made clear.
· To meet each child’s physical needs while at the same time teaching rudimentary self-help skills such as toilet training, dressing, washing their own hands etc…
· To establish respect for equipment and toys in the center as their own.
· To promote emotional growth: A.) Build self-confidence and a sense of self-worth by allowing choices within limits and to concentrate on successful experiences. B.) Always provide an accepting environment in which children can work and play.
· Promote social growth: Adults modeling acceptable behavior is critical to toddlers learning cooperative and group play.
· Promote Intellectual growth: A.) Instill a sense of curiosity. B.) Provide an atmosphere where children can discover and explore, offer experiences with open-ended questions and where emphasis is placed on the process not the product. C.) Provide a wide variety of activities within an outline. Curriculum areas of Art, Math, Science, Cooking, Music, Movement, Dramatic Play, etc… Through these activities the child learns to be able to trust his/her own feelings about what they learn, see and do. They also begin to share what they have learned with others.
· Promote Physical/motor development: A.)Children will participate in a variety of activities to develop their fine and large motor skills both with indoor and outdoor programs. B.) Engage in simple games and songs.
· Provide for the language development that is so important at this stage.
· Help develop independent behavior by encouraging self help skills.
· Provide care in small groups to offer more personalized attention, creating a relaxed atmosphere where the child feels safe and important.
Curriculum for three to Five year olds emphasizes language, activity and movement, with a concentration on large muscle activity. Appropriate activities include dramatic play, climbing, puzzles, blocks, plenty of outside play and the opportunity to listen to simple stories and then discuss them. The most important area in this age group is self-esteem. As a caregiver/teacher, our most important role is to promote the positive self-image of each child as an individual. Every area of the child’s development must be addressed including: physical, cognitive, and psycho social.
The child at this stage of their development will look to the adult for support and acceptance of their attempts. Periodic adult re-enforcement in the form of one-on-one time, hugs, smiles, friendly touch (pat on back, high five, etc…) can help the child feel confident in his/her progress.
Preschoolers have a greater capacity than younger children for learning and abiding by simple rules and clear consequences. They enjoy playing with peers and the beginning of cooperative play and sharing skills begin to develop. Conflicts can begin to be addressed with simple problem solving techniques. Preschoolers develop in many areas and independence is helped by providing several choices in a wide range of planned activities especially developed for this age group. The following goals are set for Preschoolers:
· To build self-confidence and a sense of self-worth by allowing choices to be made within limits and to build on successful experiences.
· To promote and instill a sense of caring for, and sensitivity towards others.
· To provide a nurturing and relaxed environment with caring adults, where self-concepts are enhanced; independence encouraged; free choice decision offered; social skills acquired’ and individuality respected.
· To provide large portions of time in which the child can spend playing and interacting with friends, in a range of different and satisfying activities. The activities will be drawn from these curriculum areas: art, science, cooking, music, movement, drama, language arts, large muscle, fine motor development, and math games.
· Provide the child with opportunities to gain competence in a variety of skills and techniques that increase their interest and control over their environment.
· Provide for each child’s physical well-being while in our care.
· Provide opportunities to develop large motor skills and coordination through physically active play.
· Develop in the child an active curiosity about the world in which they live and an enthusiasm for learning, which stimulates exploratory behavior and creativity.
· Help the child to gain self-discipline in an environment where they know the limits and the expectations.
· Develop in each child an appreciation for nature and beauty.
· Provide an atmosphere in the classroom which promotes respect for others and for the materials they work with.
· Provide a wide variety of activities within a routine where cooperative play is encouraged. Through these activities children will learn to be able to trust their own feelings about what they learn, hear, see, and do, and begin to share these experiences with others.
Need before care, after care and transportation to and from school? Look no further than Artisan Child Care Center. We provide transportation to and from the local elementary schools in Allentown, PA.
Our school age program offers the following:
· Homework help and tutoring by our certified teachers and aides.
· Low student-to-teacher ratios.
· A fun and exciting environment where students can enjoy games and socialize with their friends from school.
· A coordinated schedule of activities for older children to participate in on a daily basis.
· Food, snacks and beverages are available for students.
Summer Camp at Artisan Child Care Center is an adventure that your child will remember for many years to come! With our enthusiastic and knowledgeable camp counselors, your child will go new places and learn new things!
* Weekly Field Trips
* Healthy meals Served
* Reading, Writing and Math tutoring all summer
*Special Family Events
...and much more!
Come tour our facility and learn all about our summer camp here at Artisan Child Care Center!